HP G61 511WM laptop all lights on won't boot or even show bios

jomyron

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I have a hp g61 511WM that I'm trying to fix for a friend. As soon as you put in the battery (assuming the battery is charged of course) the laptop lights come on. All the lights stay solid and there is no blinking. the only light not on I noticed is the *cpu is in use* light (next to the power on and charging light on the laptop). It also does this if i don't have a battery and connect the ac chord to the laptop (with it plugged into an outlet)

This all happens without me pressing any buttons including the power button. When i try to power-cycle the machine by pressing down and holding the power button nothing occurs regardless of how long i hold the power button down. I took out the ram, and hard drive to see if I could get anything to change but no, as soon as i put the battery back in it auto turns on all the lights and does nothing else until i take out the battery (or unplug it from the ac adapter if it's connected in and their is no battery in the laptop.

If i have the battery and ac chord in as soon as i take the cord out nothing happens. The lights stay on and only go off when the battery is fully drained.

Any advice since all the blink codes i see require one of the lights to actually blink and all of the lights on this laptop stay on without blinking.