Solved! HP G62 How to load bios in External VGA Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjunganja

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Hey So my hp G62 recently had flickering screen and now nothing is visible.I had no problems as i could easily hook to external vga and it would light up once windows 7 loads. But recently my g62 wont load windows 7 after i ran out of battery while browsing one day. I was able to read a message from the flickering screen saying windows 7 failed to boot on a blue background. Thats the last message I was able to make out from the broken display because its completely unreadable now. All i can see is the blue color that too barely.

So my question is how can i get a signal to my external monitor before booting up windows 7 so that i could fix this booting problem. Im asking if there is a way to boot bios in External VGA monitor.

I have already tried:
Removing connection to onboard display.
Pressing fn + f4
Clossing lid

Can anyone guide me on how to get this specific hp G62 laptop to boot bios in External VGA monitor

Thank you

Solution
This should show you the screens right away, before it even gets to windows...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.
This should show you the screens right away, before it even gets to windows...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.