HP laptop recovery blank screen

Quimm

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I have an HP 15-1039wm that boots straight into the Automatic recovery tool. After this screen shows for a few seconds, the screen then goes blank. It stays like this for hours and doesn't do anything. I have tried to use F11 to boot into the BIOS or boot manager, but they also yield blank screens. Do I need to switch out the HDD or is it something with the motherboard?

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Try connecting the external display output on your laptop to a monitor and see if an image appears. Hopefully, it works and you will be able to access the BIOS and/or operating system to determine the cause of the hardware issue(s).

Quimm

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Tried that. But trying to boot into the boot manager, results in the blank screen

Quimm

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Fixed it. I removed the drive and ran some tests on it to find that the drive was loaded with bad sectors. I wiped it and reinstalled windows and it started right up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 11
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6