HP Laptop screen only works when HDMI is docked

Aditya_23

Commendable
May 26, 2016
I have a 3 years old HP laptop and suddenly its screen stoped working. But when I attached it to my TV via a HDMI cable, the laptop screen started working and the screen was even displayed on the TV. When I removed the cable, the screen stoped working.
I need some help immediately.
Thank You in advance.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help. Does it happen while connected to it's charger or while just on battery?
- First, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot your PC once the latest driver has been installed and do also set your GPU as the default.
- If the same problem will persist do change your Power Option settings to High Performance.
- Check the Power Management settings of the GPU as well and set it as well to High Performance.
- If all these will not work that...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help. Does it happen while connected to it's charger or while just on battery?
- First, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot your PC once the latest driver has been installed and do also set your GPU as the default.
- If the same problem will persist do change your Power Option settings to High Performance.
- Check the Power Management settings of the GPU as well and set it as well to High Performance.
- If all these will not work that could only mean that the GPU is faulty.

Solution