HP Laptop takes several attempts to boot.

GamesKid123

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
HP Laptop takes several attempts to boot up. When i click the power button I hear the laptop booting up, the wifi indicator comes on and so does the screen. Then no longer than 2 seconds later, it switches off. I have to do this multiple times before it turns on in some cases. Once its fully booted up, everything seems to be working okay, its just the booting up process that seems to be faulty. I bought this as a new (other) ex display about a week ago. I could return the item, but its the only one and im not going to get a better deal on an i5. I was just posting to see what the problem is. Im currently running a full system extensive test on the laptop HP 15 r150sa (half way through). It runs on windows 8, use to be windows 10, but i completely reset it to see if that was the issue. The system diagnostics test is about half way through and my inital theory of the battery being at fault seems to be incorrect. The battery check: Primary - OK (0). Its now doing a test for the hard drve long DST check. I would greatly appreciate any help as I really want to keep or repair the laptop myself before uni, HP says warranty has expired. Ill be sure to post full results if needed, once the check finishes. 2 and a half hours left. Thanks.

OneMansGlory

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Looks like you soft-bricked it. The best way to fix this is to do an ATX reset. To do this, you will need to hold the power button for thirty seconds with the battery OUT and not plugged in. You can also remove the BIOS battery (I think thats it :p) and try again. Look on YouTube how to do this. I fixed mine using this method. Best of luck!

GamesKid123

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015

Did the ATX reset you were talking about, and so far, I have has 3 successful boot ups. Hopefully it stays that way, didn't want to get ahead of myself and try too many times :lol:

Ill keep you updated