Hp laptop turn on for a 15 sec. and then turns off.

Viktorijam

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
After I plugged in my phone to laptop screen messed up and then laptop turned off . when I tried to turn it on again only fan,caps lock key and power buton lights worked , and it turns off after 15 seconds again . help!

Solution
Hi,

Seems like there had been a driver problem and caused your laptop to shut down on itself. Do a hard reset first, remove the battery, AC adapter and other device connected into it then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug in both battery and AC adapter and power it on again. Once on the desktop make sure to update all the drivers in Device Manager or check if there's any driver that has any yellow question mark on them.
Hi,

Seems like there had been a driver problem and caused your laptop to shut down on itself. Do a hard reset first, remove the battery, AC adapter and other device connected into it then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug in both battery and AC adapter and power it on again. Once on the desktop make sure to update all the drivers in Device Manager or check if there's any driver that has any yellow question mark on them.

Solution