Hp laptop won't boot up

Solution
If you checked the battery and power connections and the power brick, you are left with replacing the motherboard. For laptops over a few years old, or cheap ones, it's better to get a new laptop rather than put money into a motherboard replacement.

red_streak

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to give me your best suggestions. I have tried those and still am at a loss. The motherboard is the only thing I have not tried.
I found some information to remove battery, the memory and power cord then press down the power button for 30 seconds.
Then put everything back and boot up. It worked a couple of times then the same old problem.

red_streak

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to give me your best suggestions. I have tried those and still am at a loss. The motherboard is the only thing I have not tried.
I found some information to remove battery, the memory and power cord then press down the power button for 30 seconds.
Then put everything back and boot up. It worked a couple of times then the same old problem.

red_streak

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

If you checked the battery and power connections and the power brick, you are left with replacing the motherboard. For laptops over a few years old, or cheap ones, it's better to get a new laptop rather than put money into a motherboard replacement.

Solution