HP: News on More TouchPads in the "Next Few Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
As soon as they flood the market, they can release a statement about a "hack" that can make them run Android... then their market share will grow overnight...

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
you know they say they are moving to S/W if they are smart they can give the H/W away at a low price and if their platform is successful enough they can compete w the "app store"

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I wonder how many more waves of these things will come.
I doubt I'll be able to jump in and grab one, considering how popular these things are because of the firesale. I can only imagine trying and the website continuously crashing or something.

theranish

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
[citation][nom]darkguset[/nom]As soon as they flood the market, they can release a statement about a "hack" that can make them run Android... then their market share will grow overnight...[/citation]
It's well in the works. http://androidcommunity.com/hp-touchpad-android-2-2-1-system-dump-files-now-available-20110825/

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Note to HP you CAN make a profit on volume sales. I think HP got a wake up call because the US economy stinks so if you want to make a profit you have to make the products affordable so you can make up the shortfall in profit on massive volumes of sales.

Now if HP would roll back the prices on their PCs a bit, say 15-20%, I can promise they would see a FLOOD of increased sales volumes that will result in increased profits.

It's the economic times HP, you can't act as if this is the late 90s.

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Mobicity in Australia say they will have the raw materials to make the Touchpad and will be selling it in 1-2 weeks but at a much higher cost.

What's to say other countries don't have the raw materials as well? I bet there will be a lot of them floating around.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]Note to HP you CAN make a profit on volume sales. I think HP got a wake up call because the US economy stinks so if you want to make a profit you have to make the products affordable so you can make up the shortfall in profit on massive volumes of sales.Now if HP would roll back the prices on their PCs a bit, say 15-20%, I can promise they would see a FLOOD of increased sales volumes that will result in increased profits. It's the economic times HP, you can't act as if this is the late 90s.[/citation]

Good point, but I doubt the margin for PCs (other than Apple) is anywhere close to 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.