Question HP OMEN BATTERY ISSUE

Nov 23, 2021
I HAVE HP OMEN 15 CE0XX LAPTOP.. I REPLACED THE BAD BATTERY ON IT AFTER THAT THE LAPTOP BRINGS THE FOLLOWING ISSUES

1. CMOS BATTERY RESET : I did this but keeps coming up whenever i turn it on

2. Undetected battery : The new battery replaced ,fully charged before being use. i turned on and see the battery full..when i remove the adapter the laptop go off. when i turn on using the adapter i get CMOS BATTERY RESET on POST . while getting to the desktop the laptop will not detect the battery. PLS HELP

Odd. How old is the laptop? The original CMOS battery should be good for several years. HP has a good diagnostic you can download from their support site. See what it says about the battery. Also install the HP support assistant. As I recall, their is a path through that application that does battery stuff. Did you get the battery from HP or some other source. There are counterfeit batteries and suppliers that recycle old batteries and claim they are new. Other than that, I don't know.

Nov 23, 2021
Odd. How old is the laptop? The original CMOS battery should be good for several years. HP has a good diagnostic you can download from their support site. See what it says about the battery. Also install the HP support assistant. As I recall, their is a path through that application that does battery stuff. Did you get the battery from HP or some other source. There are counterfeit batteries and suppliers that recycle old batteries and claim they are new. Other than that, I don't know.
I got the battery from another source. I will do what you just recommended today as the laptop is for a customer . I'm an engineer working on it. Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator: