sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Hi. I've been looking at a HP Pavilion 15-bc006na, but struggling to find any detailed reviews on it. All the reviews I keep finding appear to be for a HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop which looks a little different, has a different Intel processor and a green light.

So I just want to be certain, does the HP Pavilion 15-bc006na have a green light?

I'd also like to know the following;

What is the build quality like?

Does it has a disc drive?

Is it possible/easy to upgrade the RAM and HDD/SSD?

If it helps, the spec of the one I'm looking at is an Intel Quad Core i5-6300HQ, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M - 2 GB dedicated Graphics Card and Windows 10.

Thanks.

Solution
No, you wouldn't be getting the wicked looking older green model. You'd be getting a newer silver model with an updated chassis and no optical drive.

delaro

Distinguished
Does it have a Disk Drive.. No.. This is the Slim version
Pavilion 15-b Keyboards are backlite White.

Keyboards are interchangeable with a dozen different models, so you can change that for under $20 should you prefer the Green or even the harder to find Blue after market.

Ram is easy to access and up gradable

HDD are harder to get to and up gradable. You need to pop the keyboard and bevel around it off to access, It's not that hard just look at a video first so you don't break the clips on the from of the unit.

HP Pavilion's offer a decent build for the price, they creak and bend a bit more than "Gaming" laptops due to the thinner frames and they do tend to run a little on the warm side when under a decent load.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

Thanks! That's good to know :)

I don't plan on upgrading it right away, but always good to know how easy it is to do so if I decide/need to upgrade/replace anything later on.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

Thanks. Green gives me a headache so I would hate a laptop with a green light lol. May look cool, but I couldn't stand to see it for more than a minute so need to make sure I don't get that one. I'd like to be able to use the laptop lol.