hp pavilion 15 screen problems

martc80

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
hi everyone im having problems with my hp pavilion 15 n222sa the blacks seem to be going red iv checked the screen connection cable at both ends and updated all the drivers but its made no difference can anyone help me

Try the following..

Turn off the laptop. Connect an external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Try it and see if the issue shows on the external monitor as well. If it doesn't, then the issue is the attached display. If it is also showing red on the external monitor then it is probably the graphics card/GPU, which could mean the motherboard needs replacing.

martc80

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
connected it to external monitor and the display is perfect the screen that i replaced is the model for the laptop ive checked the display connection cable but still have the problem do you have any ideas

martc80

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
its rely confusing i have checked the screen in a another pavilion that i have and it works fine and i have checked everything i can think of but it still baffles me whats wrong with it and well was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions

martc80

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
the cable is not like a flat ribbon its more of a single cable type i checked it on the other pavilion i have and its fine thats why i cant understand whats wrong with this laptop