HP Pavilion 17 e135nr Not Receiving Power

Xverge

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
So my laptop will not receive power at all. I have tried having it plugged in with and without the battery in. There is a light on the side of the laptop that normally illuminates when the charger is plugged in and working. This light is no longer coming on. I have tried a charger that I tested to know is working as well as an outlet that is working. I even put in a new ac adapter and still no luck.

This all started when my dog chewed my previous charging cable and exposed some of the wiring. When I found the chewed charger it was plugged into the laptop but the laptop was still on and working fine. I removed the charger and actually had it spark while I was inspecting the damage. I never plugged it back in and trashed it. Naturally the laptop died as I didn't shut it down. Now once I got a new charger the laptop will not receive power at all and will not turn on. Please help! I am hoping the laptop is not completely lost but I fear the mobo may have been damaged or something. Any help is greatly appreciated!