Solved! Hp pavilion dv2500 motherboard recall

G

I had hp fix my motherboard, i had it less than 60 days and it went out again. obviously it's under warranty. is this going to continue happening?
i was never notified of a recall.

Solution
HP rarely recalls any laptops/components. The only recall out that I am aware of is for certain batteries, i.e. a safety issue. Chances are that it is going to keep happening, at least that has been my experience with HP. If you want to keep the laptop, I recommend buying an extended warranty in the event that this keeps happening.
HP rarely recalls any laptops/components. The only recall out that I am aware of is for certain batteries, i.e. a safety issue. Chances are that it is going to keep happening, at least that has been my experience with HP. If you want to keep the laptop, I recommend buying an extended warranty in the event that this keeps happening.

Solution

phat007

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I have very same issue, contacted HP several times
the only thing they offer me is :
buy new MB for $395
send labtop back to repair for $400.

I told them My third option is just buy a Dell with 3 yr basic warranty (+99) and tell EVERYONE out there avoid HP at all cost.

bables

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Just sent my hp out for the second motherboard in 2 months (3rd one in 2 years). The part itself is warranted for 6 months but if you don't have the extended warranty, you're looking at labor costs.