Solved! Hp pavilion dv4-1125nr sata driver

dalawr30

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
For the last 8 hours I have been trying multiple sata drivers for this laptop in order to load XP on it. They have been one for floppies and ones that have been slip streamed. Does anyone really have a link to a good Sata driver for this model. I am not a newbie, but have not been able to find a Sata driver that will work. Even tried putting in a brand new hard drive. Always get the BSOD. There is no Bios setting to change. A quick reply would be appreciated as a business customer is waiting for this. She has to have XP for her programs to work, they will not work on Vista.

Solution
So you are trying to install the 32-bit version of XP with SP3, is that correct? If not, that version, what version are you trying to install?

You may have to go into the BIOS to turn off the USB ports if not SP3. The generic SATA/IDE drivers bundled with XP should work. Just a stock Intel chipset from what I can see in the specs.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So you are trying to install the 32-bit version of XP with SP3, is that correct? If not, that version, what version are you trying to install?

You may have to go into the BIOS to turn off the USB ports if not SP3. The generic SATA/IDE drivers bundled with XP should work. Just a stock Intel chipset from what I can see in the specs.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Of course, you can turn the USB ports back on after the install is complete. XP has trouble from time to time with newer USB controllers.

HP support does list XP drivers and downloads for that system. So , it is supported.

Go into the BIOS (I know it is very limited) and disable everything not essential to the initial install (USB, network, parallel and serial ports, WLAN, etc). Install XP fully. Then re-enable devices. Go to HP and download all of the drivers/HP apps in advance and have ready to apply.

Good luck!!!

dalawr30

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

There were no bios settings that were changable to allow the sata driver to load. It turned out that I had the correct driver all along but when I was slip steaming it with Nlite, I had the setting wrong. After installing the driver with Nlite you have the option of clicking on, "Regular PNP driver" or on "Test Mode driver". You need to be clicked on Text Mode driver for it to work. Once I did that it worked fine and I was able to install the Windows XP Pro.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am glad you got it to work. I am not surprised that there were no "bios settings that were changeable to allow the sata driver to load". I would have been surprised had such settings existed.

What I was referring to was disabling devices in the integrated devices (or whatever your system called them) area of the BIOS. Still, you got it to work. Good job.