HP Pavilion dv5-2231nr does not wake from long sleep times.

G

My laptop shipped with Windows 7 OEM and I upgraded to Windows 10, which is when this problem started. Basically, the laptop will wake from shorter sleep times (20-30 minutes), but not from longer sleep times. Whenever I open the lid (if the lid is closed) or press the Enter key (if the lid is open), the laptop doesn't turn on and instead turns on and off repeatedly. I can hear the fans turning on and can hear whenever it turns off. The power LED, WiFi toggle LED, and the light-up HP logo on the back all turn on and then off. Holding the power button does nothing. I'm forced to take out the battery, and re-insert it, after which the laptop turns on just fine.

I've done everything I could do, which includes re-seating the RAM, turning off "hybrid sleep" and "USB selective suspend" and basically everything in the power options to "off", uninstalling and re-installing all the drivers, and installing a BIOS update. I even reverted back to Windows 7 to see if the problem was just with Windows 10, but the problem still exists.

I've made no hardware changes.

This laptop does include HP ProtectSmart (HP DriveGuard).

I'd really appreciate some help regarding this problem.

Update: The problem has become worse. Now the computer won't wake from shorter sleep times either. In addition, when this problem happened today, and I removed the battery and turned it on, a screen appeared saying that the CMOS had been reset. I didn't change any settings or change the battery, so this is quite strange.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from zzz007 : "HP Pavilion dv5-2231nr wont wake from sleep."