HP Pavilion DV6-2120tx Screen Erratic

buai

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Hi peoples. My issue is with an oldish HP DV6-2120tx (yep, one of those). I'm aware of the overheating/BGA/GPU problems with some of the DV6 machines, but this is probably not my machine's problem.

The screen is flaky when positioned at certain angles. It works OK when tilted back a fair way. Upright it simply switches off intermittently. Other than that, everything works OK. It is Not a driver/BIOS/sw issue, nor is it overheating. Was repaired under warranty when 2hrs old, with the same problem.

Is it worth fixing with a new 3rd party LCD screen? Plz respond if know Exactly what the problem is. Tnk Yooz Gyz.

debcooper

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Mine has been like this for months and I finally got the guts up to pull the screen off using these instructions http://www.batterycentury.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2120tx-cable-p-326628.html#.Un377fkSYjA
I 'unstuck' the wires and ensured they were all loose and also not touching anything else. I did this with the screen on so that I could see the result. My screen was perfect when I fiddled with the wires on the right hand side of the screen so I was very careful with those when putting the laptop back together and now, no problem!!

I'm not technical at all, just don't have any spare cash!! Being brave paid off.