HP Pavilion G7 Battery Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabonis86

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi all,
I just picked up a new HP Pavilion G7 laptop today. I got back to my room and hooked everything up and when i finally got to my desktop I noticed that the battery icon in the task bar is showing a battery with a red cross. It says No battery is Detected. My LED Charge light on the other hand is showing amber which means the battery is charging. I've installed the updated Bios and that didnt do anything. I then went into device manager and uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Method battery control driver and then scanned for hardware changes. When it found the battery the icon now says it's plugged in Not Charging. The Charge LED is still amber. After that I did the second post in the following thread and the icon still came up as hooked up not charging.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Laptop-battery-not-charging-but-laptop-works-with-power-adaptor/td-p/1049529

Any time I try to run the battery test in the hp support center I get a blue screen of death. I cant remember exactly what it says but its a long the lines of hp irql_not_less_or_equal.

I'm running win7 x64 bit.

Any Ideas?

Andrew

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hi sabonis86,

Sounds like it could be a few different things. You mentioned you just purchased this machine so I would recommend contacting HP. If you need any assistance with this please email me your product and contact information to psgsocialmedia@hp.com. Please include Attn: Veroncia-Tom in the subject line.

Status
Not open for further replies.