HP Pavilion g7 Gaming

Lometon

Estimable
May 23, 2015
I use my HP Pavilion to play games, like roblox, and Internet games. I try to keep low use cpu, but all of it is system. I looked in the other place and system idle was 99-85 CPU. This laptop has a AMD A8 Vision CPU-APU With Radeon, and I mean, It gets hot. Like, HOT. One time it got so hot it shut down. And I have no idea why system idle is at high CPU. This is the second laptop I had with a loud fan, and I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, and it had no noise at all, and it was from 2007. And as you would think, it runned vista. It upgraded to 7 after 7 released, then I boaught a new laptop because it died. All three light like, CAPS, Num lock, and the third one that I forgot all blinked at once and the PC froze. I restarted and the Hard drive was broken. I recycled it when I got the HP. And, if someone, can help me keep it cool, and quiet while playing games? I would really like if you did. That CPU is worse than a Pentium 4. And this laptop is worse than a Jetta laptop.

Solution
Most laptops are simply not designed to be worked hard for hours at a time non-stop. They are designed to load a webpage, sit there for 2 to 10 minutes, load another webpage, watch a video for 10 minutes, load another web page, sit there for awhile.... That gives the system time to let heat escape and stay cool.

But people buy these "office" laptops, and then load of GTA V and do not understand why the system is shutting down due to heat.

If that is what you want to do, buy or build a PC. A PC can have fans that blow lots and lots if air. The CPU in a PC has a cooler block with a fan or two on that block to keep the CPU cool enough to run for days without stopping. Same thing for the GPU. And the CPU and GPU in a PC can blow away...

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Most laptops are simply not designed to be worked hard for hours at a time non-stop. They are designed to load a webpage, sit there for 2 to 10 minutes, load another webpage, watch a video for 10 minutes, load another web page, sit there for awhile.... That gives the system time to let heat escape and stay cool.

But people buy these "office" laptops, and then load of GTA V and do not understand why the system is shutting down due to heat.

If that is what you want to do, buy or build a PC. A PC can have fans that blow lots and lots if air. The CPU in a PC has a cooler block with a fan or two on that block to keep the CPU cool enough to run for days without stopping. Same thing for the GPU. And the CPU and GPU in a PC can blow away anything a laptop can even think about running.

There are gaming laptops out there. But they are generally expensive, and even those things often have much slower CPU's and GPU's than a desktop computer would have. And even with the slower hardware, they still struggle to stay cool.

Solution