Question HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx screen black but works with external monitor

May 31, 2024
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx bought around 2019 and used since then. The problem with this laptop is that the laptop screen with black, however, it's shows light still on the screen. I've already shined a flashlight on it and no text is showing. When plugged into my external monitor, I can adjust the screen brightness accordingly and it still affects my laptop monitor screen brightness despite being black. However, the brightness can't be adjusted via function keys.

The screen was glitching out before it decided to not display and had lines on the screen one time but was fixed by turning it off and on again. The laptop has been dropped multiple types (on carpet) possibly affecting the bezels and the screen has been overclocked to 95 hz, which may have ended its life sooner (wasnt oced when used as a server, was put at 40 hz and 800x600 res instead). Last thing I want to share is that it has been used as a Minecraft server, so it was exposed to heat for a long time. What can I do to fix this, or anything else I can try? Thanks in advance.