HP ProBook 4330 no sound/audio issue

TEE-DROP

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

I own a HP ProBook 4330 and it has been working fine until a few weeks ago when there was no sound.
I upgraded to Windows 10 however it was working fine, it wasn't until a week or so after upgrading that the issue occurred.
The volume speaker icon down the bottom right of the task bar has a 'X' through it the same as if the sound was muted. I have tried a few option the troubleshoot gave me but no luck with that.
I have tried searching for the sound driver on the HP website and re-installing the driver but no luck there. I tried several other sites and did the same with different version just to be sure but still didn't help. I searched a few tutorials on the web and followed and couldn't seem to get it working following them either.
I also tried some programs like DriverPack Solutions but no luck once again.
I was thinking of a full format however that's a very last resort.

Anyone that could help or point me in the right direction would be muchly appreciated!

Regards,
Troy ...

Solution
I would definitely save that as a last resort. Reformatting is so no fun.

If your speaker/headphones aren't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
I would definitely save that as a last resort. Reformatting is so no fun.

If your speaker/headphones aren't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Solution