HP Releases webOS Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Most people who have these have converted them to Android.[/citation]
The article refers to the open OS being released, but yes CM9 is on mine.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Most people who have these have converted them to Android.[/citation]

...and a lot of those people stopped using it and went back because it was too kludgy.

dhlee528

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]...and a lot of those people stopped using it and went back because it was too kludgy.[/citation]

do you own touchpad?

I bought 3 (2 for gift) and I love android on my touchpad

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dhlee528[/nom]do you own touchpad?I bought 3 (2 for gift) and I love android on my touchpad[/citation]

I do, in fact. Bought several for friends and family as well.

I didn't say everyone reverted. I was simply commenting on the "most" statement.

dhlee528

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]I do, in fact. Bought several for friends and family as well.I didn't say everyone reverted. I was simply commenting on the "most" statement.[/citation]

I'm just saying because I never seen a comment and/or person on CM forum or rootzwiki who converted back to webOS

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
There was even a whole thread about it a few weeks ago in the WebOS forums. Something like, "Have you stayed with Android?" There was a good mix in there. Some people that really like it like yourself, others that didn't, and a fair few that use both but found themselves booting into Android less and less. So, my original point remains - sure, there were a lot of people that rushed to switch, but it's hardly all-inclusive and many came back to WebOS

The OS has some glaring deficiencies in obvious areas (the web browser can be infuriating) but it also has a lot going for it. Too bad HP bungled the marketing of it from the beginning.

G

[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]There was even a whole thread about it a few weeks ago in the WebOS forums. Something like, "Have you stayed with Android?" There was a good mix in there. Some people that really like it like yourself, others that didn't, and a fair few that use both but found themselves booting into Android less and less. So, my original point remains - sure, there were a lot of people that rushed to switch, but it's hardly all-inclusive and many came back to WebOSThe OS has some glaring deficiencies in obvious areas (the web browser can be infuriating) but it also has a lot going for it. Too bad HP bungled the marketing of it from the beginning.[/citation]

Interesting. I prefer Android to WebOS (haven't switch back to WebOS since I put CM9 on there). I guess its just a matter of preference. For me, I enjoy the vast variety of apps in the Play Store.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]For me, I enjoy the vast variety of apps in the Play Store.[/citation]

That's certainly a biggie. It's a catch 22 - nobody is porting apps over because there's not a big user-base...and there isn't a large user-base because no one's porting apps over.

It's like Linux, only worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.