Question HP Stream Help[Making an External SSD the Win10 main drive (C:)]

alkingrey

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2012
A Staff Member at my Work (I'm The I.T. Guy) has a Personal Laptop(HP Stream 32gb) that he needs for our Stay at Home working schedule and I'm trying to find a way to make an External SSD or 128gb Micro SD the main hardrive on his laptop, he has literally nothing on it except windows and now he can't even update windows which he needs to do for some reason because the 32gb is full. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Copy of Win10 Pro that he bought for this.

Windows is not setup to boot from an external drive. It was simply a mistake to buy such a low spec system. If there is an issue with how much they can spend they can buy a used laptop for under $200 that will work, something like a Lenovo T430 or 440. They should return the Windows license and buy another laptop instead, which would come with a Windows license. The license on the laptops can be used to activate a Win 10 setup.

Dec 5, 2020
A Staff Member at my Work (I'm The I.T. Guy) has a Personal Laptop(HP Stream 32gb) that he needs for our Stay at Home working schedule and I'm trying to find a way to make an External SSD or 128gb Micro SD the main hardrive on his laptop, he has literally nothing on it except windows and now he can't even update windows which he needs to do for some reason because the 32gb is full. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Copy of Win10 Pro that he bought for this.
With around 70 Euro you can remove the wifi internal card and put an adapter + SSD NVMe, and use a USB wifi adapter.
Question - Solution to HP stream 14 's super small eMMC staorage drive | Tom's Hardware Forum
check my photos in my post.
NVMe Adapter
Bye

Last edited: