HP Will Make Decision on PC Business' Fate in 12 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
This is a shame; HP really seems to be foundering. Even a poorly chosen course, steered straight, will lead out of the storm. They seem to have no rudder, or no captain holding on to it. I'm not sure they know who or what they are any more.

G

Hp CEO needs to GTFO. HP can be a fantastic innovative business, but that CEO just doesn't care.
I don't know how much a IBM type of business will work for HP, but this is too much of a drastic change and it could make HP close its doors forever. Or someones buys them out like Samsung, which I wouldn't mind. I like Samsung :D

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
o-o.. I wonder if they will say "well the tablets sold so well that we are going to just sell them at 350 till we get a new model!"

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
HP has no clue what the Hell they're doing. They can't even communicate well to their consumers. What HP needs to do is stop confusing everyone with oddball statements and simply come out and say what their plan is going forward. Somehow I don't think HP knows what their plan is- and stockholders can sense that. If HP wants their stock to go to the toilet then keep on pulling this crap. HP's CEO should be fired considering how poorly he has handled the public relations of his company this week and how he completely squandered company resources by not taking a definitive stand on the future of webOS. If HP wants to be a solid company they need to first become smaller. They're simply in too many markets and have too many product lines. Reduce the number of models for devices and focus heavily on raising the quality of devices being produced. Second, get new management. GM went through a slew of CEOs before they found one that was a transparent leader. I know what GMs focus is right now: small fuel-efficient cars and the Volt. I have no clue what HP's focus is right now. Thirdly, stop trying to make a quick buck in the next quarter for investors- make some long-term goals and capitalize on them. If HP can do these three simple things I think they can become a solid company again. Oh and HP- if you stop producing PCs you really will have shown to the world what kind of morons you are.

wfrantz

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
most of you people commenting have probably never held a real job in industry to realize HP is the number one name in enterprise level equipment. they make alot more than the laptop your mom bought you for college that came with a free printer. I'm so sick of the level of ignorance on this website.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]wfrantz[/nom]most of you people commenting have probably never held a real job in industry to realize HP is the number one name in enterprise level equipment. they make alot more than the laptop your mom bought you for college that came with a free printer. I'm so sick of the level of ignorance on this website.[/citation]
We all apologize for making you sick.
I don't think it matters if they are number one or not in any domain, I would seriously reconsider getting them for my enterprise computing needs if I was getting all of their statements. They sound like a company without a CEO, and that is NOT a business partner I would consider.
It takes decades to build a good reputation, but it takes only a few days to destroy it.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Another greasy unethical CEO, Leo Apotheker and his yes men destroying a long time established company and playing with peoples lives, just so they can add aa few more bucks to their pockets.

Leo Apotheker, his executive officers and the BoD NEED TO BE FIRED RIGHT NOW!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
they just need a new CEO. The dude just got in the chair and drove the well established company to the ground. Bought Palm for webos, but did nothing to improve webos. Their pcs are fairly good compared to the other brands. They just need a new CEO and to improve on their pc marketing, and dedicate themselves to PC. There shouldnt be too much investment on the tablet fad.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]wfrantz[/nom]most of you people commenting have probably never held a real job in industry to realize HP is the number one name in enterprise level equipment. they make alot more than the laptop your mom bought you for college that came with a free printer. I'm so sick of the level of ignorance on this website.[/citation]

You should realize that HP is also number one in PC sales globally, because of this more Enterprise customers use HP Enterprise equipment, because its been tested with all of their PC's. HP floundering with deciding to stop selling PC's will also cause the Enterprise market to use Dell or IBM for their PC deployments, which will also cause the Enterprise to use IBM or Dell for their Enterprise hardware. I see HP loosing a lot of its Enterprise agreements with the next contract refresh cycle, due to being unable to supply the entire enterprise experience from end to end.

Why buy from multiple vendors and deal with multiple support contacts, contracts, business cases, distributor's, licensing agreements etc... I actually have a job in IT, and having both your enterprise and end point equipment coming from the same company saves us thousands of man hours a year, mainly because all of our servers have been tested to work with all of our desktops and laptops by the vendor, and all of the support issues we have the vendor has probably already seen and knows how to resolve. I'm sick of the ignorant users on this site too. Unlike you though, I don't see them in the mirror.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]Yeah, H.P. sucks. I owned a few of there printers and a laptop and they all crapped out on me in less then a year...[/citation]

with many consumer grade printers, its almost a disposable item... laptop however... that shouldnt have a problem for at least 3 years if built right.

most of us probably realise this... however if someone is good at the pro level, there consumer level should also be good.

just because they are well known, look at bose, doesn't mean they are good or are worth anything, its just they are the most bought/known.

[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]they just need a new CEO. The dude just got in the chair and drove the well established company to the ground. Bought Palm for webos, but did nothing to improve webos. Their pcs are fairly good compared to the other brands. They just need a new CEO and to improve on their pc marketing, and dedicate themselves to PC. There shouldnt be too much investment on the tablet fad.[/citation]

tablets arent a fad, but people will get over them soon... but they wont go away, as they are a great idea, and medium for people who dont like conventional laptops/pc and only want to use the internet/facebook.

aleobul

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Hmm, that's suit speak for it's going to take the bean-counters and spin masters awhile to get the charts together. It will be interesting to see where in the world they'll land...

captaincharisma

Distinguished

dude get real everyone know about HP printers and most people know how good there business line of computer equipment is but when it comes to consumer laptops and desktops they skimp on everything. there nothing but filled with the cheapest low grade computers parts

Status
Not open for further replies.