Question HP won't open apps or google play etc

May 12, 2019
Not sure why, it started after firefox messed up the add ons. Microsoft store, google play, photos, calculator and others either won't open or open and immediately close.
HP with 8th Gen Intel.

The issue with Firefox wouldn't have caused that. Lots of us had that issue and it was resolved. Update yours if you have not yet.

I know it is basic, but have you tried rebooting the computer (powering it off and back on)? This may well resolve the problem.

If it doesn't, then I would suggest you try do some good deep virus and also malware scans.

May 12, 2019
The issue with Firefox wouldn't have caused that. Lots of us had that issue and it was resolved. Update yours if you have not yet.

I know it is basic, but have you tried rebooting the computer (powering it off and back on)? This may well resolve the problem.

If it doesn't, then I would suggest you try do some good deep virus and also malware scans.

Did reboot and nothing changed. What update are you talking about?
I've gone through Super anti spyware, Malwarebytes and even used esetonlinescanner. Nothing changed.

The Firefox update. It came a day or two after the issue, and I think there has been another since then as well.

Again, I don't see how that program could be the problem. However it is possible one or more of your add-ons is.

Have you tried running the computer without the add-ons active and seeing if the problem persists?

May 12, 2019
The Firefox update. It came a day or two after the issue, and I think there has been another since then as well.

Again, I don't see how that program could be the problem. However it is possible one or more of your add-ons is.

Have you tried running the computer without the add-ons active and seeing if the problem persists?

Yes, still didn't change anything. I'm thinking I'll have to back all the stuff up and start the D recovery drive.
Thanks for the help though.

May 12, 2019
Don't go that far just yet.

First try going into "System Restore" and choose a restore point prior to the problem starting. See if this resolves it. It is a lot better than having to restore everything.

Did that a couple of days ago. First try it wouldn't take, the clock icon for Wait a Minute kept spinning for over an hour. Second try after 45 minutes the restore went through, problem was still there.