HP X360 Specter (2015) Or Lenovo Yoga 710

mamouka

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Hello guys , I am new to the forum and I would like to know which one of these (ultrabooks?) you would recommend ? I like the design of the HP very much but the laptop is secondhand and I am worried if there are going to be any issues with it although the company that I am going to buy it from gives me 1yr warranty .The specs of it are :HP Spectre 13 /Intel Core I7 5500u/8GB DDR3L/256GB SSD/ 13.3 Full HD .
The Lenovo comes with one year warranty as well.
The specs of the Lenovo are : Lenovo Yoga 710/Intel Core I7 6500u/8GB DDR4L/256GB SSD/14.0 Full HD.
I have read on the internet that the HP could have some issues with the motherboard and it's quite expensive to replace it. Of course when you search for "issues" on Google there are coming up all sort of issues ,but I am concerned .
I am going to use the laptop mainly for university work ( MS office and reading lectures ) and movies at home or on the go .
Which one would you pick ?
Thanks in advance

Atomic_Subwave

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Personally I would choose the Lenovo as I have found them to have a higher build quality than HP does, and looking at the specs of each, the Lenovo has slightly newer parts and a slightly bigger screen than the HP does

mamouka

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Thank you for your reply , I will keep that in mind :)