HTC Droid Incredible or Motorola Droid X?

Kira1188

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
So, I will finally be joining the ranks of smartphone users in about a month when my Droid Incredible arrives (yeah there is a month backorder on the thing...). Of course I hop online and read about the Motorola Droid X the day after I pay for the Incredible.

I know its still a week before the official announcement but does anyone think it would be worth it to return the Incredible as soon as I get it and get the Droid X. I realize that this is the way of electronics and that there will always be something better within a few months... but the release date for the Droid X is two days from the ship date for my Incredible and it really wouldn't be much of a hassle.

It sounds like the three main differences are screen size, overall phone size, and Motoblur vs Sense. It seems like the Incredible wins the last two, but that 4.4 in screen is mighty tempting. What does everyone think?

tab32

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Well the incredible is a solid phone, no doubt, but you should still wait until the droid X actually is unveiled this Wednesday. Btw, the motorola X is going to have a physical keypad (I do believe). Anyway, you should wait and compare the two. It's two days away for gods sake!

Nikay

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
I have the Droid at my desk as I am typing this, they are not THAT great, no where near as responsive as the HTC and the build quality is not as good. Sure it has the full keyboard but the HTC in terms of usability is much better.

tab32

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
right, the original droid had a keypad that was useless, but the new droids by motorola are going to have nicer ones. The HTC droid phones have a nicer looking OS and it is easier to use. However, The new Droid X should have a very nice OS because its a mix of moto blur, and the original look. I feel it's going to be a great contender with the iPhone....oh wait, all the droids are xD.

die_tryin

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Have not seen the specs on the X yet. The biggest avantage the incredible had over the droid was the processor, camera and ram. It was very seemless when used but all that comes at a cost: battery life. Even with most of my setting and apps set off or low to conserve battery the thing dies very quickly.

jerseygirl343

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

wait for the new 2.2 vs of os your phone will respond quicker

jerseygirl343

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Did you get the incredible and if yes do you like it?

Kira1188

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I'm still waiting for it actually (it was back ordered by a month). I should have it by next Wednesday. One of my friends actually got an extended battery for free when she complained about the Incredible's battery life. I might try to do that too...

bswann

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I have the Droid X and though I do wish it was faster. ATM for me it is the perfect smarty. Only thing I would want to add was a second camera for vidoe chatting but with Verizons 4G being so spotty atm I will wait for the next generation of Moto smarty before I go on...