HTC Eternity: 1.5GHz CPU, 4.7-inch SLCD Display

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]I agree with the flaming blue panda. The biggest problem with phone7 isn't the OS, it is the crap they put it on. Perhaps there is a limitation of what the OS will support in its infancy, but it seems odd to me. That being said I have been looking for a smartphone, and phone7 runs a lot faster on a lot crappier phones than many of the androids I have seen out there. Some androids are amazing... and some are amazingly crappy. They can have the same core OS, but the interfaces some of these phone companies come up with is just wack.[/citation]

Exactly. It's actually pretty impressive how smoothly some of these junk phones run with WP7. The screen is much more responsive than even higher end Androids that I've used. That's always been my biggest complaint with Android.

G

What people need to understand is if you're just using your cell phone for a phone then small form factors are for you. If you're using your cell phone for not only a phone but to run applications and connect to remote desktops the cell phone needs to be at least 5" so you don't blind. People who are in IT typically have a blue tooth earbud on because being hands free to type is required so it doesn't matter how big the phone is; it's just not against our faces. Ideally, a 7" tablet cell phone would be perfect for business people who don't want to have to carry a laptop too. Like I said, most of us business people use earbuds so the size of the phone is important when we're using it to see business applications.

G

Meh, Windows Fail 7 is enough reason to stay away from a smart phone. MS doesn't know how to make good products, they only know how to illegally obtain and abuse monopolies.

No monopoly in phones == 0% chance of success

Status
Not open for further replies.