HTC EVO 4G Breaks Sprint Sales Records

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sprint Sucks. Being monitored is great! Unless you're into that don't buy sprint.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I WAS going to get until sprint told me that my contract expires in 4 months and I am not eligible for FULL discounts yet which means I would pay some 475-500$ for it. At which point I said F U, and decided that I will not extend my contract with them. It seems a rare occurrence to get it at the advertised 199$.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JackNaylorPE[/nom]Hmmmm.....Palm Pre Sales set a Sprint Sales Record ..... well we know how that turned out in the end.http://www.tomsguide.com/us/palm-p [...] -5955.html[/citation]

So your trying to compare the palm pre to the htc evo? Two different phones with two different os with two different companies with different business plans? Im sorry but thats the most retarded post of the day for me. Me and my wife have them and the phone is on so many differnt levels than even the iphone that hasnt even came out yet. Unless you have the phone, you shouldnt comment period. Im not in a Maybach fourm saying how stupid the car is and its such a failure.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Got two of them! Love them! (one is for GF, I'm not THAT greedy). While I don't have 4G where I live, I'm not far from Philly which does have 4G... When I get around there, I will be able to check that part out too. The phone is AWESOME.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
The Evo has rocked my world. I love it! 4G is pretty badass as well. Didn't even realize my city would have 4G until about a week before the phone came out. A pleasant surprise :D

evolve60

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I'd get the HTC 4G but I already have a Xperia X10 albeit its not a 4G phone, it's alot better then the iPhone 3GS most of my family owns, and hell I'd be willing to bet its better then the iPhone 4G

G

Ditto on waiting for the 3500mAh battery to complete the best phone for the next couple years.

To the iFans, guess what? Non-Apple users can do something called "upgrading." There is even something called a "competitive market" out there for these "upgrades." Oh and we can replace batteries. Neat-o isn't it!

G

I got one on Monday June 7 and have not put it down since. A breath of fresh air. I'm on the road a lot and will be using the unlimited data hotspot. It works wonderfully. My first Droid. Love the system.

Doctor-boom

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]I WAS going to get until sprint told me that my contract expires in 4 months and I am not eligible for FULL discounts yet which means I would pay some 475-500$ for it. At which point I said F U, and decided that I will not extend my contract with them. It seems a rare occurrence to get it at the advertised 199$.[/citation]
That would be the vendor you talked to who had no idea what he was talking about (pretty common at Sprint) I got mine at the discounted price and my plan was expiring in 4 months too. Try a different store.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
There are articles floating around out there about making your EVO's battery last longer.. Turning off wi-fi when not needed, turn off 4g when out of service area, turn off network scanning and stick to sprint only if you are in good coverage area, dimming your screen or at least setting it to auto... really improves the battery time... I'm sure there are others... these worked for me.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I am pretty sure the iPhone4 will outsell it 20 to 1 and HTC will quickly replace EVO 4G with another model months down the road.

iPhone4 will be my first Apple product after a string of disappointing HTC phones. They are just too unrefined compares with my friends’ iPhones.

Hydrocron

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I love my Evo! I just think its funny that people with the first iPhone have to run out to get the next, then the 3g and now want to go get the 4g. My old phone was tired and didn't have wifi and my contract was almost up so I got the full discount. Just to run out to get a new phone every year just to say you have the latest...well I just find that funny, well that and all the fanboyism.

As for battery life I don't run a bunch of crap when I don't need to and the way I look at it people don't go buy an XPS laptop for battery life they want the horsepower...This thing is a hotrod for sure!

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
It's s nice phone, but the only thing people don't get or know is the 4g that sprint boasts is only 3% of what 4g is suppose to be, so don't let network be your deciding factor

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]I WAS going to get until sprint told me that my contract expires in 4 months and I am not eligible for FULL discounts yet which means I would pay some 475-500$ for it. At which point I said F U, and decided that I will not extend my contract with them. It seems a rare occurrence to get it at the advertised 199$.[/citation]
I pre-ordered mine from the shack, got $20 credit on accessories plus an extra $10 off so essentially I got it for $169. If you are a premier member you get a $150 off a phone every year, if not it's every 2 years. Every other cell company is every 2 years regardless so I really don't know what your complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.