HTC Flyer Tablet Briefly Listed At $99.00

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
So, somebody forgot to type in the "2" in front of the "99". I guess it was an honest mistake: sh*t happens.

I just wouldn't wanna be in that person's shoes right now. xD

G

Regarding the 'cars for $1' or the 'house missing some zeros' situations. If the purchaser has already signed a binding contract (in this case "purchased the goods") then the seller must honor the contract/agreed upon price. It is their fault for not examining the contract (Is are dotted; Ts are crossed; digits are not missing in the price).

G

I bought one of these for $299.00 yesterday, just to see if they drop the price again soon. The item rang up at $99.00, and the manager had to adjust the price back up to $299.00. If this was a "price mistake," it sure looked intentional, appearing on the website, price cards on the item, and programmed into the registers.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]drfan[/nom]Try to win that in ANY court[/citation]
Actually, in quite a few courts the store would be ordered to have let it go for $99. I know here in Michigan, if a price is marked on an item, even if by mistake, they MUST sell it to you for that. And if they ring it up at a higher price and it slips by until after it's already paid for? Then the customer can bring it back into the store, present their recept and show the sticker, and the store MUST pay them the difference [/i]plus $5[/i]. Wal-Mart absolutely hates this, obviously. (I've actually stung them on that once)

Not sure how directly it'd translate into online sales, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.