Htc Incredible Hardware issue?

nyterage

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
first of all, im sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didn't know where else to post it.

alright, so i have a HTC droid incredible, it was recently dropped and the digitizer as well as the LCD cracked, it was no problem to fix. everything seemed to be alright, screen turned on, showing the HTC incredible logo then the screen started acting strange, pixels streaking all the way to the bottom from the logo, as well as flashing and a pink discolor in the screen. now, this problem goes away if the phone is flexed in a very specific direction, but as soon as the phone starts to do this it freezes up and will not continue the boot process.

here is what i have done so far.

checked all the cables, and they are in order, no cracks or dings in any of them.
attempted re flowing the components in case the drop cracked a solder joint, i've tried multiple methods of this with the same outcome. Tried the heat gun method, no avail. Tried using an infrared oven to re flow the components, no avail.

does anyone have any idea what the problem could possibly be? id just buy a new one but being a college student (double major, computer science and computer engineering) so it is hard to try to get enough money together. let me know what you think of the problem and any solution to how to i may fix it.

You pretty much answered yourself what the problem is. Phone was dropped, screen replaced. It's either a bad screen, bad cable connection, or something else was damaged. You're better off getting a used phone or getting a free upgrade and extending your contract than trying to replace/fix components some more.