HTC One 2015 Specs Leaked: Finally, a Beefed Up Camera

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
The reason more megapixels is almost always better on smartphones is because the form factor (if it's thicker than 9mm today it won't sell) only gives you a choice of digital "zoom". 20 megapixels allows you to crop a decently detailed picture out of a 10th of a photo. 4 megapixels barely works as anything else than portrait and macro photography, which is a bit useless no matter how great each of those 4 million pixels happens to be.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Interesting to note all the doomsayers, stating 20mp not that high, why not use ultrapixels?
If HTC give you 20mp Ultrapixel I expect all of you to bow down and accept your new master

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
""The HTC One was one of the best smartphones of 2015, but it was tough to stand out from the Android pack. "" Didnt know this thing was the best phone of the coming year Toms, posting news from the future now?

Simon Anderson

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I love the m8... makes the Samsung Galaxy (previous s3 and s1 owner) look incredibly ugly, both hardware and software wise (not sure how much of software was standard android: no "vanilla" to compare it to!). Wish list for next one: could be a bit thinner, and a "push-pop" SD slot rather than the current paper clip eject... (who on earth uses paper, let alone paper clips? ;) If I have an important photo, I'll use a REAL camera... if I need to upload it, i'll use the SD slot...

The iPhone's a different market, and a beautiful product... but I think I'll be loyal to HTC One for some time to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.