HTC One X=Good?

amuffin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Is the HTC One X a good phone? Currently, my mother and I can upgrade to this phone for $100 each. I currently have the HTC Aria, which is VERY slow, while she has a "dumb" LG phone as she calls it. Would the HTC One X be a good upgrade from each of our phones for things such as, Internet Browsing? Meaning, if I scroll down a website like THG Forums it won't lag? Thanks! :p

Solution
I own the HTC One X and as long as battery life or being able to add memory isn't too much of a concern it is a great phone that is fast for browsing. (Note:With moderate to heavy use you will likely have to charge it every night.)

Exile1993

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I own the HTC One X and as long as battery life or being able to add memory isn't too much of a concern it is a great phone that is fast for browsing. (Note:With moderate to heavy use you will likely have to charge it every night.)

Solution

Exile1993

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

Depends on the network, location etc. It's not going to be too much of an increase over your current phone as its on the same network, one of the best things about the phone is 4G capabilities that's where it truly shines. If you're looking for numbers I'd say it would fluctuate between 1-2 megs download and in the kbps upload. Having better hardware will give it a faster speed at rendering websites though. My suggestion is to go to your carrier's retail store and try out a display model.

amuffin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
EDIT:

I'm on AT&T so my phone will be getting a Qualcomm MSM8960 @1.5ghz. It's a dual core, I believe on 22nm process? So it should use slightly less power than the Tegra 3?

The dual core Qualcomm or the 5 core Tegra....

I can get the Sony Xperia ION for the same price as the One-X.

Which phone, One-X or Xperia Ion? OR $100 more for a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Terry Brown

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Well as if I talk about its battery life it's recommended at all, has awfully poor battery backup, except battery its a perfect smart phone in class in terms of its PQ, camera, its audio beats speaker is way better then previous HTC phones speakers. Moreover, HTC has now announced Android 4.04 Jelly Bean update for the same model. So it would be worth buying phone though, you need to think about its battery life.