HTC One

splatman213

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hey guys, so HTC unveiled their new flagship phone for the year. I really like it, from the specs to the design. i think its really good, however because of its unibody design, i fell like it it will be really difficult to repair if something were to happen. what do you guys think about it? potential shortcomings? etc

For me the biggest shortcoming would be the embedded battery.

I recently switched to Virgin Mobile to cut down on my phone bill, mainly because my Motorola Droid simply died one day. I opted for the HTC EVO V 4G since it was cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy SII and the battery is replaceable.

I figured at worse if I didn't like Virgin Mobile service then I'll switch back to Verizon and use the HTC EVO as a dedicated music & video player since my Cowon S9 player recently malfunctioned as well. But the one thing I like is that if I really wanted I could install a thick 4000mah battery so that it will have awesome battery life. But that will make it a bit too thick think. There's always the 3000mah batter option.

Anywaste, back to the HTC One... The unibody design will give it a solid feel. The 4.7" screen is a little bit bigger than my 4.3" screen. Not sure if I would really want something that big. But it would make reading my textbook a bit easier. Some people saw me reading a textbook with really tiny print on my phone. They did a double take when they attempted to do so and they thought I was simply out of my mind. But the HTC One seems to have a nice 1080p screen. Colors are vibrant, text is sharp, and it has great viewing angles.

I suppose in the end it all depends on the battery life. The HTC One has a large screen and high pixel count plus a 1.7GHz snapdragon CPU. Not sure how long a 2300mah battery will last; especially if you are a heavy user.

At $200 for the 32GB version and $300 for the 64GB version and it comes with 2GB of internal RAM so overall not a bad price for what you are getting. I would be nice if there was 4GB of internal storage though... too much to ask?

It's a bit early to judge now,we have to wait for reviews.
But I think it'll indeed be difficult to repair if anything happens to it(like Apple phones)