HTC's Vigor is a Beast and It May Have Beats Audio

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kastraelie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
[citation][nom]illo[/nom]only if you like overblown bass[/citation]

No kidding. Beats Audio is more than a gimmic--its marketing nonsense. I was interested to see for myself with my HP Envy 14, but all Beats Audio was is extra bloatware software that increases the bass and volume levels of the PC...

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]If you attach by HMDI to a good home theatre system then the audio really does matterHowever, the sound chip is pretty much irrelevent if you have crappy 128kps MP3s, you need really good quality FLAC files otherwise good sound chips are pointlessIt all about the eco-system dudes...[/citation]
I have a feeling you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Digital and FLAC are obviously better for sound quality. Beats Audio isn't a "sound chip" or "audio chip". It's just a DSP that changes the sound like an equalizer setting. For music listening and basic audio, it's pretty useless. It's a gimmick.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]illo[/nom]only if you like overblown bass[/citation]

Its called pre amp, amp and equalizer with active cross-overs for your drivers....

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]johnsmithhatesVLC[/nom]I have a feeling you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Digital and FLAC are obviously better for sound quality. Beats Audio isn't a "sound chip" or "audio chip". It's just a DSP that changes the sound like an equalizer setting. For music listening and basic audio, it's pretty useless. It's a gimmick.[/citation]

If all it does is "equalize" the sound then I agree(and withdraw my earlier statement) but, if it allows higher quality files to be played back then I don't. I made an assumption that appears to be wrong...my bad.

kingice10

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
BEATS = Audiophile term for Poor Detail Retrieval/Poor Resolution, overblown bass headphones and speakers with high profile looks and high price. No other audiophile will recommend you these products unless they are going for salestalk and making money out of it.

HP should be looking for other speaker/ehadphones manufacturers if they want to improve their products. Maybe start with Klipsch or B&W.

kingice10

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
[citation][nom]kingice10[/nom]BEATS = Audiophile term for Poor Detail Retrieval/Poor Resolution, overblown bass headphones and speakers with high profile looks and high price. No other audiophile will recommend you these products unless they are going for salestalk and making money out of it.HTC should be looking for other speaker/ehadphones manufacturers if they want to improve their products. Maybe start with Klipsch or B&W.[/citation]

jeremy88

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]How ugly can a phone get? HTC ugly.[/citation]

You must be an iPhone user, which we generally call an iDiot

Status
Not open for further replies.