HTC's Vigor is a Beast and It May Have Beats Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Smart phones are getting bigger and bigger... Next we will hear about trouser companies suing Apple and HTC..

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
I agree, the HP touchpads also have Beats audio and they don't sound any different than the speakers in ipads.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]pug_s[/nom]I agree, the HP touchpads also have Beats audio and they don't sound any different than the speakers in ipads.[/citation]
If you attach by HMDI to a good home theatre system then the audio really does matter
However, the sound chip is pretty much irrelevent if you have crappy 128kps MP3s, you need really good quality FLAC files otherwise good sound chips are pointless
It all about the eco-system dudes...

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt's that??????

That's my phone with a subwoofer.

Wellll,,, I'm gonna have to give you some BEATS so I can take it away from you

G

Wow spelling mistake in the fucking sub-header. Tom's really does have some incompetent writers.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Jung[/nom]This whole "Beats" thing seems like a gimmick.[/citation]

It definitely is. At that size and form factor, even a good system is still just a tiny, crappy little speaker. You can't possibly expect amazing sound from a system that barely beats out a Tiger handheld.. :(

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Apparently none of you have tried hooking up external speakers to a device with Beats audio...

The "Beats Audio" is currently king of phone and tablet devices.

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]Apparently none of you have tried hooking up external speakers to a device with Beats audio...The "Beats Audio" is currently king of phone and tablet devices.[/citation]

only if you like overblown bass

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]Apparently none of you have tried hooking up external speakers to a device with Beats audio...The "Beats Audio" is currently king of phone and tablet devices.[/citation]

I just plug my AKG's into my phone and call it a day.

jldevoy

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Isn't phone sound pretty much dictated by the quality of the supplied headphones (i usually buy 3rd party), the standard being pretty poor; unless its apple, in which case it's a piss poor tinny mess with no bass at all.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]You can't possibly expect amazing sound from a system that barely beats out a Tiger handheld..[/citation]
It's not about actually getting that sound, it's showing off the brand for your homeys.

G

All they are gonna do is add a second speaker or some gimmik alog those lines. If it improves over the loudness of my droid x in therms of heaing people on the phone and the speakerphone they can call it hear me now audio and I will be happy.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Take that phone and supply audio to a modest $10k sound system or even a good home stereo or a good car stereo system and you will immediately hear the difference. If you can't then you have hearing problems and should not care anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS