HTPC output to speaker terminals.

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys I could really use your help I'm good with home theater systems and everything audio/video with cable, but when i'm faced with red and black stripped at end wires... Well.. I don't even know there name. My setup is a HTPC connected to a projector via vga. The audio from the pc outputs in AUX and connects to the AUX input on my guitar amplifier (which is a great idea if you end up having and unused guitar amp and no audio system I have it on 1 and it shakes the house - goes up to 12.) I just moved into my
new house and the previous home owners left me a Bose 5.1 Surround sound system all wall mounted, but they took the a/v receiver. My question is.. What is the easiest way to have my HTPC out to the Bose system as well
as the guitar amp. I would prefer not to use an A/V receiver as everything is hooker up fine now and don't want to learn how to re hook every thing to and av receiver. Can't my HTPC's power supply support the Bose speaker? Is there some way I could send my HTPC's audio and probably my cable boxes audio to the Bose speaker without an A/V receiver? If not what is a good choice? How do i go about getting the HTPC's audio in i have dvi graphics card so I can adapt to hdmi and output. I really need your help!! Thank you in advance!!

No there is no way because there is no amp. You would need another 5.1 amp, same ohm's as the Bose speakers that are already up.

Look at it this way, can plug your guitar up to a speaker and play? No, you need an amp there to amplify the guitar sound and then send it to a properly matched speaker.

joeyb649

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Can anyone reccomend a inexspensive A/V receiver I've found some, but none have hdmi inputs. I am going to adapt one of my dvi ports on my HTPC's video card to hdmi and send audio to receiver via the hdmi cable (that will work, right?) Then also have my cable boxes hdmi out to reciever so I would need two ports. Thanks in advance!