Huawei Ascend P7 3g issue

FixSixClix

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Hello all,

My gf just bought the Huawei Ascend P7 and there is a minor issue which bothers us..

While the smartphone isn't connected to any WiFi and data is disabled from the settings it shows up on the top bar next to the signal icon that it's connected to 3g even when we can't browse any pages in chrome and generally it feels like the whole system is disconnected by the internet.Meanwhile in my Huawei Y300 when i disable data sharing then it's just the signal bar showing and no 3g or 2g or whatever above it. Is this an issue that all P7s have,should we be worried..? We aren't connected to the internet and disabling the data from settings is working normally but that little icon still shows up when we turn it off and it kinda bothers you.

Just fyi,I tried to use my SIM in her phone which is from the same provider and it changed nothing.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Actually nvm it's resolved,i contacted the local service of Huawei,he said that all the new models of Huawei (and I guess other brands too) are showing even when offline the available network your provider can reach at a specific area.That wouldn't show up in older models like Y300. The notification that you're connected to the internet through data share is only those two little arrows on the top bar that show download/upload activity.

Anyway,consider this thread closed :)

FixSixClix

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Actually nvm it's resolved,i contacted the local service of Huawei,he said that all the new models of Huawei (and I guess other brands too) are showing even when offline the available network your provider can reach at a specific area.That wouldn't show up in older models like Y300. The notification that you're connected to the internet through data share is only those two little arrows on the top bar that show download/upload activity.

Anyway,consider this thread closed :)

Solution