Question Huawei Mate 30 Pro vs HD Voice Compatible

Jan 9, 2022
This is my smart phone: Huawei Mate 30 Pro 6.53" 128GB 8GB RAM (GSM Only, No CDMA) Factory Unlocked No Warranty - 4G LTE Chinese Version

My carrier is AT&T.

AT&T tells me that they're going to switch to HD Voice Compatible / Voice Over LTE in February, Any devices that aren't supported will no longer receive service.

Here are my questions:

1) Can anyone tell me if a Huawei Mate 30 Pro can be modified so that it's HD Voice Compatible? AT&T claims it can't, but I don't trust them.

2) If I strike out there, is there another carrier I can use with my Huawei after February?

If I strike out there, too, then I'll probably get an iPhone and wait for the day I can once again use Huawei phones.

Thank you.

Mar 3, 2022
They're definitely lying. The phone certainly supports it. Proof? They're displayed on this phone as options with other carriers. It doesn't have to be modified this is a feature the phone always supports.

Their decision to only allow whitelisted phones is nothing short of greed. Over the past few days I've been told so many (illogical) lies by their clueless and incompetent tech support.

1. If a 4g phone even supports 3g it will not work.
  2. Huawei phones are illegal.
  3. It's a old 3g phone
  4. Bec I'm not in contract thus have no obligation to support my phone going forward.

I honestly don't understand how a company is allowed to strong arms their clients. Shutting off 3g is understandable as we're ages ahead and they've been saying it for 2 years now but why are they kicking off all other 4g lte devices? - there was absolutely no warning for that.

They're definitely lying. The phone certainly supports it. Proof? They're displayed on this phone as options with other carriers. It doesn't have to be modified this is a feature the phone always supports.

Their decision to only allow whitelisted phones is nothing short of greed. Over the past few days I've been told so many (illogical) lies by their clueless and incompetent tech support.

1. If a 4g phone even supports 3g it will not work.
  2. Huawei phones are illegal.
  3. It's a old 3g phone
  4. Bec I'm not in contract thus have no obligation to support my phone going forward.
I honestly don't understand how a company is allowed to strong arms their clients. Shutting off 3g is understandable as we're ages ahead and they've been saying it for 2 years now but why are they kicking off all other 4g lte devices? - there was absolutely no warning for that.

Huawei was on the banned device list so that is correct. https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-pr...n-huawei-and-zte-from-receiving-fcc-licences/ What devices will continue to work is not fully known. Myy son had a Huawei phone that was working, when his girlfriend bought the same exact model and tried to activate it after the ban, it would not activate.

Mar 3, 2022
Huawei was on the banned device list so that is correct. https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-pr...n-huawei-and-zte-from-receiving-fcc-licences/ What devices will continue to work is not fully known. Myy son had a Huawei phone that was working, when his girlfriend bought the same exact model and tried to activate it after the ban, it would not activate.
This unrelated article is complete nonsense and follows the same bs, the p30 was approved and recieved fcc approval years before this ban which is mostly geared towards network equipment not phones. The p30 is full approved and licensed by fcc and even has full Google experience unlike the p40 and on