Huge screen display.

Theodwros Tenizis

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
Hello, am not sure if anyone can help but this is my last resort. I have a huge wall at home that is currently empty. I want to put a tv there, a huge tv. The biggest tv i could find was not that big for what i had in mind and it was very very very expensive. So i started looking up the web on how to build your own display so i can make it how big i want but nothing came up. I did find something similar in youtube but its very small (smaller than a laptop screen). I can make the frame, i can make the programming. All i just need is a huge screen that i can work on to display my tv or as a monitor for a computer. After all size does matters :D In general i need something like a big projector's screen (if you are still wondering i want something like the "C Seed 262" but i will compromise with something smaller also :) ) but i do not want a projector. If anyone knows where i can find something like this pls leave a link in the comments.. Thank you have a great day..!!

Solution
TV manufacturers work on very small profit margins (3-5%) so the cost of parts is much higher than you think. Even if you could get the display panel you would need to light it and add a lot of processing so a DIY flat screen display doesn't exist. If it did it wouldn't save you enough to make it worth the trouble.
A projector is the only way to go really large.
There are light rejecting screens that allow for better performance in rooms where light control is an issue.
There are short throw projectors available and more coming out that only need to be about 6 inches away from the screen. That might be more convenient than a long throw projector in your application.

Theodwros Tenizis

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
TechyInAz, Yeah, am not looking the for the cheapest display, just for a ''cheap'' solution. Eg. Instead of spending 8000 on a high end tv spend 1000 on a diy that is almost the same. Thank you Neur0naut i will check them out.

TV manufacturers work on very small profit margins (3-5%) so the cost of parts is much higher than you think. Even if you could get the display panel you would need to light it and add a lot of processing so a DIY flat screen display doesn't exist. If it did it wouldn't save you enough to make it worth the trouble.
A projector is the only way to go really large.
There are light rejecting screens that allow for better performance in rooms where light control is an issue.
There are short throw projectors available and more coming out that only need to be about 6 inches away from the screen. That might be more convenient than a long throw projector in your application.

Solution

Theodwros Tenizis

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014

Really? Didn't even know that they have such small profits.. Could you send me some links to check them out pls?