Hulu Plus Finally Arrives On Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Nice. Curious on peoples opinion of Hulu Plus vs. Netflix?

I've been running Netflix on my Wii for a few years and love it. Is Hulu Plus better for anything? I probably won't pay for both services, but I would consider switching.

cheers

G

Beardguy,

Like the article states I think Hulu Plus and Netflix are complementary to each other. Hulu Plus has current shows whereas Netflix offers previous seasons of shows and of course movies but the tv shows it offers are what I'm interested in. I don't really see them as a one or the other kind of thing. But of course your mileage may vary and all of that.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
A reason to buy a Wii over a Raspberry Pi that's less than a third of the cost of a Wii and has superior resolution and graphics power?

It's a nice little addition for the Wii, but it's in no way shape or form a reason to buy a Wii and it's in general not even a reason to turn your Wii back on for a lot of people. I've actually been contemplating unplugging the thing to prevent vampire energy.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
As a long time Netflix user watching re-runs on my Wii of seasons, I haven't jumped the whole Hulu+ bandwagon due to my lack of Hulu capable devices. Current TV doesn't show up on Netflix until the season is over. While I've solved some Hulu problems with hooking my laptop up through HDMI cable, I may seriously consider the Hulu+ library if they truly offer different content than Netflix.

So far I've been successful in cutting the cable/DVR and watching all online, but these subscriptions will eventually add up. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.