Hulu Plus Hits the Xbox: Free for All Until May 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Absolutely love this! If it really catches on I may have to drop my cable. I have Netflix on the XBOX and now this, for an almost complete collection of my favorite shows and movies. The only draw backs are.... not a lot of kids shows, but Netflix has that covered for the most part (We have a two year old and nine year old).... with now paying a subscription fee, there are still ads at the beginning of a show but are very limited or non existent during a show. These are pretty minor annoyances for the most part, for now. I'm sure if it picks up like Netflix did, there is going to a lot of additional content later on. My wife for instant, cannot watch her shows on Comcast On-Demand like "Bones", "House", and a few others which is a big plus. Combined on the XBOX, Netflix and Hulu Plus are about $16. That compared to our $35 a month cable bill is a big advantage (Excluding the internet bill. Total with tax we pay about $80 a month). I hope this gets big, if not I could go to basic to just get my local news and such. Besides.... our internet is excellent and seems like the only thing we would need. We shall see though. Exciting stuff though and hope it gets big. The draw backs are a very minor annoyance.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I was never impressed by Hulu, I'm not much of a TV watcher but I do enjoy watching somethings once in a while for example The Simpsons. While Hulu tends to offer some episodes it doesn't offer much and I really can't imagine paying for such a service. Perhaps I am wrong but I just don't see many people paying for this service on the Xbox or otherwise.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Can't you get everything on Netflix that you can on Hulu and more- this sounds sort of pointless considering the services for instant watching are the exact same price- $8.

G

It is a great service, The nice thing is tht all of the TV episodes are updated daily, and netflix only has outdated tv shows on its system, (basically the first two seasons of any good shows) Hulu has alot of really great content, including daily show and colbert report all completely up to date SNL, modern fam, House, the office, and so many more. Im excited for this... I hope the cable companies really start dropping their prices and Hopefully hulu moves to some sort of Live streaming feature.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Bzarbo[/nom]...netflix only has outdated tv shows on its system...[/citation]
Not completly true.
Each week (During the season) I went on Netflix and watched the latest episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Area just after it aired on Showtime. But I agree, it does need more shows like House and many others as well as newer episodes. It seems that they mostly just sticking to what seasons have been released on DVD/BluRay. I do think that a combination of Netflix and Hulu plus would be a good replacement for cable TV. It doesn't work for me though cause my wife watches crappy unpopular shows. (Kendra and several other shows that suck and are not available on either service)

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
The content lineup on Hulu Plus seems pretty decent, but there's a lot of overlap with Netflix, and I'm really not sold on the idea of paying for a "premium" service that still forces me to sit through advertising, especially mid-episode. I'll give the free trial a shot, but unless there's something really amazing about it, I don't see myself paying for it after that.

samanosuke47

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
I think I'm going to try this out when I get home, I've somehow been oblivious to this information. I have netflix, but it annoys me sometimes. So I shall try Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.