Hundreds Wait in the Cold for Kinect Launch in NY

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You can alll say that's stupid , but these people wanted to stay in line for then selves, they wanted to be the first ones to have it. Just like the guys that adds 4 Nvdias cards in their desktops, it dosen't make any difference, but they wanted to do it.

Everybody its a critic .

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Yea! Don't waste your money on a $200 Xbox 360! Spend $1000 on a gaming PC! Yea!The logic of prepubescent fanboys never seems to amaze me.[/citation]
Gaming PC Fanboys reply:
Yea! Don't wast your money on a $500 Windows Laptop! Spend $2500 on a Mac Book with the same or lesser hardware with a shiny case and Apple Logo. Yea! The logic of prepubescent fanboys never seems to amaze me.

See your point is moot as well. And true i'd rather spend $500-$1000 on a PC vs the Xbox. But the Xbox has its uses for people. I don't own one and couldn't careless to.

And what about all those Xbox and PS3 owners complaining and bashing about Wii's controllers as a gimmick? Yet Xbox 360 owners stand in line all night in the cold for the "gimmick" they have been bashing? Hypocrites? Wait till Sony comes out with thier "Gimmick".

Or could it be...as Steve Jobs would put it....."Its magical"?

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Give these people a break.. It is their money and their time that they can spend however they see fit. I see fit to spend my money on computer upgrades, they spend their money on console accessories. Just because someone has different taste than you and may have a bit of an obsessive personality DOES NOT mean they are an idiot.

P.S. Jane, did you go to New York for this?

Setrax

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I find the PS3 Move to be better.

Simply put, for family-oriented purposes, the Kinect is much better than the Move.

I think xbox 360/microsft chose to go with the non-hardcore gaming side to be different and appeal to a different audience than Sony. Which is good, because it justifies having a 360+ps3.

Overall, it comes down to the fact that PS3 Move is MUCH better because they are using it in games like killzone and HARDCORE games, for GAMERS.

And I hate sony for not advertising their Move like microsoft advertised their kinect.

The move is MUCH better.

G

it's a disappointing piece of hardware, I would never be in line for!
What, 2 web cams, and a Mic, connected with some software to your gaming console?
That's nothing new!

G

@xbeater...

so you're saying no hardcore gamer will buy this? you're all saying it's a fact that everyone who buys this doesnt deserve or is not a hardcore gamer...

So you call yourself a hardcore gamer I guess...so let's say a person who purchased a connect beat your 100% in any game and any amount of matches..i guess then you can't be a hardcore gamer also

The fact is that a person does not have to LOVE the kinect if they buy it..this shows how stupid some of the people on the internet are..or the 40 year men who have these opinions that aren't well thought out..which shows why they only talk about video games

G

There are some stupid people in the world..i just saw a bestbuy review about if it was a smart buy..and he listed 3 opinions

1. Why would you buy an xbox that doesn't have a controller? (WTH are you talking about you get a wireless controller in the bundle or any 360 slim)
2. Why would you buy an xbox with only 4gb of memory? (That's all you need for saved games..if you want more then go purchase one or flash a WD drive)
3. Whats the purpose of the new xbox besides the wifi feature? (The GPU/CPU/Another thing is integrated into one die making it possible to have a bigger heatsink and fan, The console is smaller then the original, it's much more silent, and it runs fairly cooler, If you buy a 360 slim arcade you can have up to 286GB (Actually smaller minus the system settings/os/etc more like 250gb, you can get glossy or matte finish depending on which console you buy, you'll get warranty on the new one if your old one is out of warranty, the button is touch sensored instead of a mechanical button so it wont break as easily, the hdd can be removed easily and replaced easily)

I know the reasons was his opinion..but his opinion was generated without knowing much about the console..then he freaken puts it up as a review when he didnt purchase it..how can you advise a person to use their money wisely when you havnt even tested the thing out or read carefully about the reviews

G

I must say, owning all three systems, I've gotten more enjoyment out of the Kinnect. But for it to have what it takes, it needs to add on controllers.. for now, it wouldnt make sense.. with the controller free marketing they have.. but next year... I'd rather use my Move for a star wars game than a kinect.. but they all have weaknesses... wii is poor graphix, Move is not using motion in their navigation (and not giving the navigation stick to 2k sports to add to the game) and the lighting with that camera is horrid!.... the kinect is the easiest to start and play... but no real navigation for hard core games later will be a huge mistake..

yao

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
what is the difference between xbox 360 and ps3's motion controller? I was thinking of buy ps3 since it has way better graphic. but is there a different? my friend owns wii, but they don't even play it any more. does it get bored playing it for a while?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Yea! Don't waste your money on a $200 Xbox 360! Spend $1000 on a gaming PC! Yea!The logic of prepubescent fanboys never seems to amaze me.[/citation]

LOL spending 1000$ on a gaming PC? Anything under 1800$ is laughable at best.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
those kinect games doesn't attract me at all
it only feel good at the first time like WII and get bored real quick

for now i only use WII to play my MH3 with my classic controller
nuchuck just make me feel so tired ~

KINECT ? nah no thanks, i just dang lazy to get up and jump around like a crazy mf

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]Ive seen same pictures on an other website YESTERDAY and without the TOMS HARDWARE logo :-/[/citation]

That's really interesting. Have you got a link? Because I took these myself, with my camera, at midnight last night. There were a lot of people at the event and we definitely weren't the only ones with a camera. If you have multiple cameras in the same place taking pictures of the same people, the pictures are obviously going to be similar. I assure you, we only watermark images that belong to us, and these do.

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
[citation][nom]tulx[/nom]Why do people still do this? You can order everything from internet retailers much more conveniently and for a lower price these days. Or is it possible just in Europe?Anyway - to each his own, I suppose.[/citation]

I think people enjoy the occasion - I used to work for an EB games in New Zealand and people used to enjoy getting together for midnight launches. You're right about being able to get some games cheaper online - but in this case they were only giving away the free games (first 3000) and after-party tickets (first 400) to those who lined up.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]yao[/nom]what is the difference between xbox 360 and ps3's motion controller? I was thinking of buy ps3 since it has way better graphic. but is there a different? my friend owns wii, but they don't even play it any more. does it get bored playing it for a while?[/citation]

I'd say with all 3 consoles... take a look at what games they have on their lineup and decide upon which games you want to play. The Kinect/Move/Wii MotionPlus stuff will get old, but if you have a good lineup of games on a system, that'll keep it from being a bore.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
"So, yeah, I think it's going to be the hardcore gamers who get it first. I think other people will be put off by the price – it's expensive, but I think the hardcore gamers will get it and then other people will come after that."

Wait WUT hardcore gamers are going to be the last ones that get it.. Its a kids toy until someone figures out how to make "games"

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]yao[/nom]what is the difference between xbox 360 and ps3's motion controller? I was thinking of buy ps3 since it has way better graphic. but is there a different? my friend owns wii, but they don't even play it any more. does it get bored playing it for a while?[/citation]

The PS3 Move uses a controller so you have this beautiful things called buttons. Unless your 4 you don't hold imaginary phones, No you need buttons.

*But at the time there is no good games for either just wait till there is but there is more hope for PS3 Move to get good games then the Xbox 360 Kinect*

Status
Not open for further replies.