Hyperx Cloud 2 or Revolver

Steeler1994

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Hello! So i'm in the market for a new headset. I've heard nothing but amazing reviews from the Hyperx Cloud brand headsets. For the same price, i can get either the Cloud 2s, or the Revolvers. May I please have some suggestions? Thanks guys!

Chugalug_

Estimable
If you want to spend a bit more money, the Revolvers are great, essentially a slightly better version of the Cloud IIs, but either is a great choice.
Personally I'd go with the Cloud IIs due to the better value they offer, it's entirely up to how much you're willing to spend.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Although both are quality headsets, I would suggest you look at the Cloud 2's. The sound is said to be slightly improved on the Revolver but I cannot confirm this because I don't own a Revolver (I have a Cloud Core though). The reason I say to look at the Cloud 2's is that they come with both Velor AND synthetic leather so you can pick what you are more comfortable with. From what I've read, the Revolver's only come with synthetic leather and due to the earpad design, you likely won't be able to change the earpads to another design (you can only remove them to clean etc). They should be comfortable anyway but it's just something to consider.

Another reason why this is good, is because you can fit the Brainwavz HM5 pads on it (and these are seriously comfortable, even compared to the stock pads).