HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset or G930s?

Dimentii

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
I really like both, but both have their ups and downs.
Is surround sound really needed for gaming?
Which one do you guys think is better?
I do like the wireless aspect of the G930, but I am still not sure which one would be the better buy.

Solution
Remember the surround is just virtual, it does make a difference to some people and not for others. I would go with the HyperX Cloud over the G930 for these problems - Logitech gaming headsets have bad build quality (talking from experience) and the G930 is known for its wireless issues - wired is better than wireless. Seeing that you like wireless i would recommend you with the Corsair H2100 of 2100 which is also in your budget,

Hope this helps!

hjj174

Estimable
Feb 8, 2014
I have the HyperX Cloud and it's pretty good. I prefer wired over wireless though because you don't have to worry about the battery life and wireless signals can have interference, although probably not to the point where it is overly noticeable.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Remember the surround is just virtual, it does make a difference to some people and not for others. I would go with the HyperX Cloud over the G930 for these problems - Logitech gaming headsets have bad build quality (talking from experience) and the G930 is known for its wireless issues - wired is better than wireless. Seeing that you like wireless i would recommend you with the Corsair H2100 of 2100 which is also in your budget,

Hope this helps!

Solution

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013

No, not really. Having 7.1 channel sound means that your motherboard has eight channels, or outputs to support an eight channel surround sound system. It has nothing to do with 7.1 virtual surround sound.

Regardless, your motherboard should have a surround sound option but it's likely it won't be an good.