HyperX Cloud II headset not detected by Windows 10

Max_43

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
So i've been having a problem over the last couple of days. My headset literally won't show up anywhere in Windows 10, ie device manager, audio mixer, sound control panel. Nowhere. Nothing. Nada. I've tried rebooting the PC countless times. The headphones still work, as I plugged them into my phone but everything just brainfarts if I connect them to the PC. I can't even begin to solve the problem without being able to see them in Windows 10 :( I can't find the drivers for the headset anywhere online, only the firmware, which I have installed. Please help :(

neieus

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Are you connecting it through USB 3.0 or 2.0? For some reason I haven't been able to figure out yet it seems to work better when connected to a USB 2.0 port. Also are you connecting it through the USB ports on the back of the PC? I ask because if you're using a port built in to your case it could be that the USB pin header isn't working or the connection is bad but the ports on the back of the computer come directly from the motherboard.