HyperX Cloud II Headset Sound Question

Vespecci

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Evening all,

I recently bought the Cloud II's from Kingston on newegg. My concern is that when I wear both earcups, I can't hear myself because the mic doesn't play my own voice back to me. This results in me speaking much louder through the mic then I intend to, so now I only wear the left earcup and leave the right one behind my right ear.
Of course this isnt ideal for gaming since I can't pinpoint things based on sound alone.

Someone's solution was the following:
Go to Control Panel
Go to Sounds
Select the "Recording" tab, and select your current microphone
Hit the "Properties" button, and select the "Listen" or "Listening" tab - I'm not really sure of how its translated
Check the box "Listen to this device";
but this results in a sound playback that is just slightly out of sync with my actual speaking voice causing it to sound like two people are talking at once to me. This makes it very difficult to speak since it sounds like I'm interrupting myself.

Does anyone else know a better way to solve this? I'd really like to wear both earcups lol

Thanks a lot!

Solution

Only solution is to get a better sound card that supports hardware (i.e. low latency) mic mixing. You might be able to minimize latency by disabling all sound enhancements in both mic and headphone (especially any "virtual 7.1" stuff), but it might not be enough.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS