HyperX Cloud II or Cloud Core Headset

chachee99

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I purchased an Xbox one s and need a new headset that will work with both it and my PC. I decided on getting the HyperX headset because i enjoy the comfort and sound of the headset, but i am not sure if I would be better getting the dual 3.5 Hyper X Cloud Core or the Cloud II with the USB 7.1 adapter.

Some people suggested that a few on board MB can do the virtual surround that the USB device on the Cloud ii can with a 3.5 input, which will save me about 40 dollars if I get the Cloud Core over the Cloud ii headset. My MB is an Asus M5a99x rev. 2.0. Does it have the 7.1 virtual channel. I also have the optical output linked to my receiver. I am not sure if that will effect if the 7.1 is possible.

What are your suggestions. Save the money and get the HyperX Cloud Core or spend the money and get the HyperX Cloud II?

Solution
the soundcard that comes with the cloud's has had issues in the past so i'd go without the soundcard and use your own soundcard like a xonar dg if you felt you needed one.

chachee99

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from chachee99 : "HyperX Cloud II or Cloud Core Headset"

I purchased an Xbox one s and need a new headset that will work with both it and my PC. I decided on getting the HyperX headset because i enjoy the comfort and sound of the headset, but i am not sure if I would be better getting the dual 3.5 Hyper X Cloud Core or the Cloud II with the USB 7.1 adapter.

Some people suggested that a few on board MB can do the virtual surround that the USB device on the Cloud ii can with a 3.5 input, which will save me about 40 dollars if I get the Cloud Core over the Cloud ii headset. My MB is an Asus M5a99x rev. 2.0. Does it have the 7.1 virtual channel. I also have the optical output linked to my receiver. I am not sure if that will effect if the 7.1 is possible.

What are your suggestions. Save the money and get the HyperX Cloud Core or spend the money and get the HyperX Cloud II?

dontlistentome

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Save the money. I have the Takstar Pro 80s, which is the same thing but in the form of a headphone and not headset. The sound is great for gaming as well as music and movies. 5.1 or 7.1 in a headset is nothing but a gimmick. You have two ears, you have two drivers, one over each ear. Clean, quality stereo sound is best in that scenario. Surround sound works well when you have several physical speakers placed properly around you.

chachee99

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I picked up the Cloud core. I tried out the Cloud ii with the USB and was not too impressed with the 7.1. Plus the USB dongle eliminated me using any of the presets and settings on my on-board sound card. I might pick up an actual sound card in the future. However, as of right now I am happy. Thanks everyone.