I’m trying to factory reset my Acer Aspire one but it’s resetting percentage stops at 62%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

This isn't done on the computer.

It is done on your modem/router if you have one (turn off the WiFi for it) or even turn off the modem/router. Of it you can't, or it isn't yours to do that with, then take the laptop somewhere where there is no WiFi.

bergy30

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

My computer resets through one section of the reset but when it goes through section two of the reset it tells me there was a problem could not reset and gives me an option to go back with no changes made..I want to reset though and it won't let me??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoeMcFly Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 0
LaniAngelThrowAway Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 0
W Laptop Tech Support 3
Debs70 Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 4