I’ve been cleaning my air fryer all wrong — don’t make this mistake

Feb 29, 2024
One of the main benefits of an airfryer is the way it can circulate the hot air all around the food, from the top, sides and below, so much more effectively than a conventional oven can. If you put your food in to one of these paper baskets, then you negate one of the key benefits of an airfryer...

Seems counterproductive, to me...

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
February 29, 2024 - I very much agree with Moozlebee. I've had several air fryers and like with many things that I didn't want to use abrasives on. I used Baking Soda with a sponge to clean the baskets. However, and I think this important. How many people look up into the top of the fryer unit where the fan is? That area is loaded with all kinds of grease and gunk. It is very hard and next to impossible to clean. I believe this is even more of a problem if things like aluminum foil or other materials are used to cut down on grease residue. Because there is less air circulation and the air blasts back up into the top of the fryer. I don't use air fryers with baskets anymore, but use fryers based on the toaster oven configuration because they are easier to clean and often come with approximately six cooking selections.

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
If you enjoy rustling up fried feasts, be sure not to make this common mistake I did when cleaning your air fryer.

I’ve been cleaning my air fryer all wrong — don’t make this mistake : Read more
How many people look up into the top of the fryer unit where the fan is? That area is loaded with all kinds of grease and gunk. It is very hard and next to impossible to clean. I believe this is even more of a problem if things like aluminum foil or other materials are used to cut down on grease residue. Because there is less air circulation and the air blasts back up into the top of the fryer. I don't use air fryers with baskets anymore, but use fryers based on the toaster oven configuration because they are easier to clean and often come with approximately six cooking selections.

Mar 1, 2024
Try adding some cooking oil to a paper towel and rub that on the sticky oil residue. It will take the gunk right off; a quick dunk in soapy water will take care of the rest.