I am 1 person in a house. I have 4 TVs. How can I watch TV in a different room without paying 18 dollars for adapters on the 3

Apr 3, 2018
Comcast adapters. I have to pay 18 dollars a month to have the privilege of shutting off my main TV and watching TV in 3 other rooms. Isn't there a way around this? I live alone and want to be able to watch from bedroom, craft room, exercise room.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
the box is needed to decode the cable signal from comcast. the only way to do it without is to split the cable coming out of the 1 box and then run a cable to each of the other tv's. this means you will need to set the channel in the one room and leave it alone once you're in another room. to change channels would mean getting up and doing to the main room with the box.

not an ideal situation but the only way. the encrypt the signal this way so you're forced to use their expensive box.

you can go away from comcast and use a streaming cable service like directvnow or playstation network or sling tv or youtube cable (whatever they call it). lots of options these days. saves a ton of cash since there will be no equipment fees. but you do have to maintain your internet access since it all streams from the internet. then your cable comes through an amazon/roku/apple stick which you can get for as many tv's as you'd like.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
the box is needed to decode the cable signal from comcast. the only way to do it without is to split the cable coming out of the 1 box and then run a cable to each of the other tv's. this means you will need to set the channel in the one room and leave it alone once you're in another room. to change channels would mean getting up and doing to the main room with the box.

not an ideal situation but the only way. the encrypt the signal this way so you're forced to use their expensive box.

you can go away from comcast and use a streaming cable service like directvnow or playstation network or sling tv or youtube cable (whatever they call it). lots of options these days. saves a ton of cash since there will be no equipment fees. but you do have to maintain your internet access since it all streams from the internet. then your cable comes through an amazon/roku/apple stick which you can get for as many tv's as you'd like.

jnkweaver

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Sounds like you aren't after different channels on different TVs so you could use an IR Blaster and a HDMI splitter (assuming you use HDMI to the 4 TVs) and use one cable box at a central location feeding all the TVs. Make sure you make sure the model of IR blaster is compatible with your particular cable box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
webworkings Streaming Video & TVs 0
webworkings Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 0